Helping you achieve your legal goals for Over 30 years.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration
  4.  » Work Permit

Get The Documents You Need To Work In The U.S.

Many people wish to come to the United States for the many job opportunities. In these instances, it is necessary to secure an employment authorization document (EAD) or a work visa. These documents allow immigrants to come to the U.S. legally to work.

The best way to obtain these crucial legal documents is to work with an immigration attorney. At The Quinn Law Firm, attorney Nancy Quinn has helped dozens of clients obtain employment authorization documents as well as H-1B visas. As a caring and dedicated lawyer, she will help you stand up for your right to work in the U.S. as an immigrant.

EAD Vs. H-1B: What Is The Difference?

There are two documents that immigrants can apply for if they want to work in the U.S. When you know the differences between them, you can decide which one is best for you.

  • Employment authorization document: If you already have a visa, then an EAD allows you to work legally in the U.S. EADs allow the holder to work any type of job. They last for an established, usually brief, time period. Individuals can petition for an EAD by submitting Form 1-765.
  • H-1B visas: This is a type of visa issued to immigrants who have a high level of skill in a certain area. An employer must sponsor an employee for this type of visa. They can last from three to six years. The employer must submit Form I-129 on behalf of the immigrant employee.

Do you have questions about which option is right for you? Ms. Quinn can help you determine this and can explain more details about the application processes.

Talk To An Immigration Attorney

You can schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your situation with immigration attorney Nancy Quinn of The Quinn Law Firm. To reach the law firm in Greensboro, call 336-790-4178 (toll-free at 877-781-8091.) You can also send the firm an email.