Helping you achieve your legal goals for Over 30 years.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration
  4.  » Fiancé(e) Visa

Get A K1 Visa For You Or Your Fiancé

A K1 visa, also known as a fiancé visa, allows a foreign-born fiancé(e) to enter the United States for the purpose of marriage. However, attaining this visa is not always easy. The administrative process is full of red tape, and it is easy to make costly, time-consuming mistakes.

If you or your soon-to-be spouse need to obtain a K1 visa, turn to The Quinn Law Firm in Greensboro. Our founding attorney, Nancy Quinn, has practiced immigration law in North Carolina for more than 25 years. She can help you secure your fiancé’s immigration status, ensuring that you can spend the rest of your lives together in the U.S.

What Is The K1 Application Process?

Securing a K1 visa has an extensive process:

  1. The first step is to complete an I-129 F Petition, which establishes a couple’s intention to marry within 90 days of the foreign national’s arrival as a nonimmigrant.
  2. Then, the American member of the couple must file the petition with the nearest U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) center on behalf of the foreign fiancé(e).
  3. The USCIS will evaluate the petition and perform background checks. If it approves the petition, it will send the documents to the National Visa Center (NVC).
  4. The NVC will contact the foreign national to schedule a medical examination and interview.
  5. If the NVC will then issue a K1 visa or deny the visa.

This process is not only complicated but can also feel overwhelming. By working with an attorney, you can ensure that you complete every step correctly and that the application goes as smoothly as possible.

Ask A Lawyer How To Get A Fiancé Visa

Bring the person you love to the United States. Nancy Quinn of The Quinn Law Firm is ready to help you and your fiancé secure a K1 visa so that you can join hands in marriage. To talk to her about getting a visa, call 336-790-4178, call toll-free at 877-781-8091 or send an email to schedule a free initial consultation.